Link to order of play http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2020/9128/op.pdf
Link to order of play http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2020/9128/op.pdf
MOTT OPENS LAUNCESTON ACCOUNT
Blake Mott returns to the winner’s circle with an opening round win against Japanese qualifier in Launceston.
Launceston, TAS, 4 February 2020 | Asher Packman 0 10
Blake Mott survived an early scare to join a host of Australians in the second round at the Launceston International on Tuesday.
Continuing to build after a hiatus from the game – and a recent wrist injury which forced him to retire from the Australian Open wildcard playoff match against Alex Bolt – Mott was slow to start, dropping the first set, before recovering to finish strongly and take the match away from Japanese qualifier Naoki Tajima 4-6 6-1 6-2.
“We were in a bit of a battle there, but I was able to get on a roll, which was good,” Mott, 23, said.
In a race against time, Mott was able to get back in time to play the qualifying event at the Australian Open, in which he notched a solid first round win before falling to Frenchman Constant Lestienne. “That was a bit disappointing,” he said. “But I’m feeling really good now and it’s great to have the wrist back to one hundred per cent. “It’s still early days in the comeback, and I’m just seeing how I go each tournament. Every match is a bonus and I’m not putting too much pressure on myself as I ease my way back into the tour life.”
Mott will next need to get past Launceston’s top seed Marc Polmans, with the good friends now opposing each other. It was a rough day for the seeds on Tuesday, with only two of the six seeded players on court making it through to the second round. Most notably, Japan’s third seed, Tatsuma Ito, was bounced out by Argentinian Matias Franco Decotte in straight sets.
Wildcard Blake Mott has powered his way to a second consecutive Australian Pro Tour title with a decisive victory over Calum Puttergill in the Darwin International final.
After claiming the Cairns title last week in his first professional tournament back from a two-year hiatus, the former world No.220 took command from outset, holding his unseeded Queensland opponent at bay to secure the match 6-1 6-4.
“This one was pretty special, it’s been a tough week with the heat up here and backing up after a lot of matches in Cairns as well, “Mott said. “It was a really good one to win.”
“I’ve had a really good mindset with taking each match as it comes,” he added. “Just going out there and trying to zone in on every point. That’s really what has paid dividends.”
The 23-year-old couldn’t have asked for a better start to his recent return.
“When you come back and you’re mentally fresh, everything feels quite new again. I think I’ve really stoked up that feeling excitement and I want to just keep on enjoying my tennis. Obviously, it’s been a great two weeks but hopefully it’s just the beginning.”
While Mott claimed back-to-back crowns, Cabrera took out both singles and doubles titles in Darwin, partnering for the first time with Destanee Aiava to defeat second seeds Alison Bai and Jaimee Fourlis on Friday.
Wildcard Blake Mott completed the perfect return to professional tennis on Sunday, defeating third seed Vladyslav Orlov to claim the 2019 Cairns International title.
After a tight opening set, Mott pulled away from his Ukrainian opponent to win 7-5 6-2, earning his first ITF World Tennis Tour title in eight finals attempts.
He had only won one previous professional title, at the ATP Challenger event in Launceston in 2016.
“It’s been a fantastic week,” said Mott, 23. “Just to be at the end of it, to get the title here after such a big lay-off and my first title after making so many finals. It’s pretty special.”
After stepping away from the game just over two years ago, Mott showed some of the form this week that propelled him as high as world No.220 in 2017.
“I’ve got to have some belief that my level can do some damage in these events,” he said. “I always knew that if I was in a good place mentally and my body was doing well, I could make it happen.
“I was just looking to come out here to compete and fight hard for every point. It’s a great start but it really is just the beginning of a journey back.”
Mott pointed to his renewed love of the game and enjoyment of competing again as underpinning his success in Cairns.
“The pure freshness of it, whereas back where I was last time there wasn’t really a whole lot of that,” he said. “That’s the way I keep seeing it, a fresh start and an opportunity to create a new version of myself, my game and my mindset.”
Melbourne, VIC, 25 July 2019 | Matt Trollope
Blake Mott is targeting a return to professional tennis at September’s Australian Pro Tour tournament in Cairns after two years away from the game.
Mott, 23, revealed in an in-depth interview with SEN’s The First Serve that he would be coming back to the sport with a renewed sense of perspective.
“A lot of it is a build-up of experiencing life outside the sport, and just getting familiar with not travelling constantly, having a bit of home life, getting that consistent balance,” he told the show’s host Brett Phillips.
“But I think for me the (most significant) thing has been working with a lot of juniors, as a coach. I found a lot of passion again and a lot of drive to really be a good role model and inspire a lot of the kids that have touched me in many ways.
“If I can have the opportunity to play in another Grand Slam, I think my whole outlook would just be completely different.”
✔@BlakeMott96Big thank you to @BrettAPhillips, @TheFirstServeAU & the @1116sen team for having me in the show last night! Loved sharing a small part of my journey. Catch the show via http://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=401254 …Mott’s story shares some commonality with the path taken by Ash Barty, who stepped away from the sport for a similar length of time. Both born in April 1996, Mott and Barty came through the developmental pathway together and were frequently a part of the same international junior tours, forging a friendship along the way.
“I remember having a coffee with her when we were about 18, similar age when she stepped away and we were sort of relating to some of the difficulties (of life on tour),” Mott said.
“Obviously she was on a very big scale, playing Aussie Open at such an early age and having that exposure as the ‘next best thing’.
“To see her take that time away, even try another sport, it’s inspiring. Definitely had a lot of familiarities (relating her journey to what I was experiencing).”
I arrived here in New York on Saturday to prepare for the US Open Qualifying event that starts on Tuesday 22 Aug 2017.
The draw will be up Monday the 21st US time. Play starts Tuesday.
Here is the link to the draw http://www.usopen.org/en_US/draws/index.html?promo=subnav&event=MS
I am doing a training block at the moment at the Melbourne Park National High Performance Academy until the first week in August then heading overseas for the hard court season in preparation for the US Open Qualifying event.
7 August 2017
Aptos, CA, U.S.A. Qualifying Drawhttp://www.protennislive.com/posting/2017/467/qs.pdf
14 August 2017
Odlum Brown Vanopen Vancouver, Canada
US Open Qualifying New York, NY, U.S.A. 2017.08.21 – 2017.09.27
I went down today in my 2nd Round qualifying match at Wimbledon Q, 5-7 4-6 to Alexander Bublik. So grateful to be here, what an experience! Alexander was too good on the day, congrats to him and best of luck with qualifying.
Wimbledon draw for Qualifying is done!
I will place the link to lives cores and the draw when it becomes available. I play Monday – Court 4 – Second match on after 11am UK time (Aus time 10.30pm approximately)
Here is the draw: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/draws/index.html?event=QS
Order of Play: I’m on Court 4, 2nd match on after 11:00am start
Livescores link: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/stats/11139ms.html
My new career high ranking is at 222.
It’s been a while since I updated my posts, but here I am in Venice playing a Challenger event. I made it through to the Semi Finals and lost to the eventual winner.
I am moving to Vicenza, Italy to play the Challenger there, which I was awarded a SE due to me being in the Semi at Mestre, Italy. Which is 1 hour away.
I play today Tuesday 30th May 1st on at 11am Italy time. Here is the order of play http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2017/7015/op.pdf
Here is the draw: http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2017/7015/mds.pdf
Don’t forget as Mr Barclay does that the link to the livestream is https://livestream.com/ATP I may not be on a livestream court today, but save it for future matches.
The hotel is nice this week, as last week’s was not. NO wifi and not good food. So happy this one, which is the Marriot in Vicenza is a much better room and venue.
Next Week 5th – 11th June – No tennis, week off travel to UK
12th – 18th June ATP 250 Mercedes Cup – Stuttgart, Germany
19th – 25th June Challenger Ilkley, Great Britain
26th June, Wimbledon Qualifying
then HOME to Aus!
Mestre CHALLENGER 22/05/2017
Surbiton CHALLENGER 5/06/2017
Stuttgart QUALIFYING ATP 250 Mercedes Cup
I didn’t play as well as I should have in Karlskrona, Sweden in my quarter final event, moving on I am now in Bastad, Sweden playing the last of my 2 Futures events here. I play today 16th May. Here is the draw http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2017/349/mds.pdf
It’s beautiful here in Bastad and after this tournament I am playing the Challenger Event in Mestre, Italy. I am in the Main Draw there. Here is the draw http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2017/7021/mds.pdf
I will then be playing my first ever ATP 250 in Stuttgart the 250 Mercedes Cup. Then on the 26th June I will be playing the Wimbledon Qualifying Event.